Silver Skin

Silver Skin - D.L. McDermott 4 stars

*** E-Arc provided by NetGalley for review.

I was lucky enough to get all 3 e-arcs (#1 Cold Iron; #2 Silver Skin; #3 Stone Song) from NetGalley, each one is over 350 pages long but I read all three in a matter of 36 hours. So that should tell you something.

I actually read the third book of this series "Stone
Song" first, not realizing until well into it that it wasn't the first book of the series. And I read this book last but it didn't take anything away from my enjoyment of any of the books.

I fell in love with the characters. They seem like real people even though most of them are of myth and folklore. These are not the fae of childrens fairytales but are instead the fae of our ancestors. Our instinctive fear of the dark. Seductive and wild. Their cold, alien beauty promising cruel delights.

This is a PNR/UF hybrid with plenty of action. The world building is detailed but doesn't over whelm the story. I was lost in the book by the end of the first chapter.

There is sex (but I wouldn't describe this as erotica). Quite a bit of violence with some towards women, so adults only and not for the faint of heart.

Darkly seductive, I would recommend this book to any adult who likes their fairytales dark and their heroes more naughty then nice.